How to Start an Emerging Professionals Lighting Group?
It is easy to get started:
- Contact the membership committee chair and Section President of your local IES Section to verify if an EP initiative already exists or if there are others in the area showing interest.
- Request a list from your local Section of the Society members in your area with five (5) years of experience or less.
- Confirm, with the local Section President, that the chair of the EP will be invited to serve on the local Section Board of Managers.
- Arrange an EP “get together” for interested EPs and select a Chair.
- Request that the local Section Board of Managers create a list of Volunteer Mentors in your area.
- Find a senior advisor – likely a local Board of Managers Member - to assist with program planning and EP initiatives.
- Now that you’ve started…build momentum!
- Allow both members and non-members to attend EP events, but charge non-members more—make the differential large enough that it will encourage people to participate in the program.
- On the event flyer, invite people to bring a friend or two.
- Identify the event discount associated with being an emerging professional member.
- Make announcements at Section events to encourage Members to think about, and extend a welcome to, EPs at their companies.
- Create good, consistent programming and networking opportunities at every event – people will tell others about it and you will have success!
[Previous Page] [Next Page]