THE IES PROGRESS REPORT 2017
The IES Progress Committee is mandated to, "keep in touch with developments in the art and science of lighting
throughout the world, and prepare a yearly review of achievements for the Illuminating Engineering Society".
This program offers you an opportunity to present your important new products, research, publications, and activities
of the past year.
Open for submissions
SUBMITTAL DEADLINE - May 29, 2017
EARLY SUBMITTAL REDUCED RATE ENDS MAY 7, 2017
Accepted submittals will be:
- Presented during the Progress Report at the Annual Conference
- Posted on the IES website
- Published in LD+A
- Able to use an electronic seal from the IES Progress Report for use in marketing materials
- Available in a slide show or video format for section meetings
- Visual Performance
- Optical Performance *
- Efficiency / Energy *
- Size *
- Life *
- Expand Lighting Impact
- Lighting Market Growth
- First to Market
|LIFE SAFETY EQUIPMENT|
- A significant advancement in the art or science of lighting.
- Advancement(s) in methods or aids to facilitate lighting design and/or application.
* Provide specific information on how your product is a technological advancement over existing, comparable products.
INSTRUCTIONS & GUIDELINES
Submissions must conform to the following requirements:
- Anyone may contribute submittals.
- Submittals must be entered via the IES website form no later than May 29, 2017. Submittals received after this
date will not be considered.
- There is a $50 per submittal non-refundable fee that will be charged at the end of the online application process. This fee
is used, in part, to cover the expenses incurred in organizing and presenting the Progress Report. MC, Visa and AMEX credit
cards are accepted.
- To encourage early submittals, the non-refundable submittal fee will increase to $75 on May 7, 2017.
- Please confirm with your company that this is the only submission for this product. We need your assistance to
eliminate duplicate submissions and payments for the same product entry.
- Commercial Introduction:
- All lighting PRODUCTS must be introduced commercially between August 1, 2016 and July 31, 2017.
- All RESEARCH, PUBLICATIONS and DESIGN TOOLS must be completed (including all materials and/or research results)
and announced between August 1, 2016 and July 31, 2017.
- Physical (or decorative) aesthetics alone are not considered as an acceptance criterion.
- The Progress Committee may disqualify a submission without full review if any of the Instructions, Guidelines and Requirements are not met by the submitter.
The Progress Committee utilizes the Progress Report Submittal Form and Accompanying Materials when considering an item
for acceptance. First, tell us WHAT IS SIGNIFICANT
or unique about the submittal compared to existing product in the industry. Then, SUPPORT
IT WITH APPROPRIATE TECHNICAL DOCUMENTS
. Product submissions must demonstrate evidence of "progress" in the industry
Submitters may be contacted by committee members (not IES staff) if additional material is needed prior to the review.
Due to the ever-increasing number of submittals, the fixed time frame for presentation of the Progress Report and feedback from our audience, the Progress Committee will be more critical in its review and acceptance of products than in past years. It is therefore of vital importance that the submitter emphasize and focus on those technical characteristics that set it apart from other products in the marketplace.
In addition to the form, each submittal must include a photo and technical data as evidence to support significance claims. The Progress Committee requires a competitive comparison of the submitted product to appropriate products already in the marketplace prior to the beginning of the commercial introduction window (see above under Instructions, item 4). This requirement applies to products that claim an improvement in technical features, such as efficiency, efficacy, size, life or optical performance. New technologies, research, publications, design tools and totally new product types are not required to have a competitive comparison since one would not be feasible.
- Product Images:
- Include one or more JPG product image files with your submission.
- Product image files must be high resolution with a minimum of 1000 pixels along each image axis.
- Images are a photo(s) of the product, the cover/introduction page of the research or publication, or captured images of the design tool in action.
- The image(s) may show a company logo ONLY if it is normally on the product. No additional company logo
or information can be added to the image that further promotes the product.
- The Progress Committee reserves the right to use or duplicate images for presentation and for publication.
- Support Documents:
- You MUST provide appropriate supporting information for each of your significance claims. You are
required to attach an electronic file for each technical significance before you can complete the online form.
- A competitive market comparison/matrix is required for products that claim an advancement in a technical feature. This information is for Committee use only and will not be distributed or published.
- Support files may include, but are not limited to:
- Catalog sheets / cut sheets / installation drawings
- Test records - photometric tests (pdf), LM-79/80 reports, independent test reports (.IES files are not appropriate)
- Calculations - layout showing dimensions, calculation summary and light levels
- Drawings, illustrations
- NO executable files (*.exe) or raw data files (*.ies) are accepted, they will not be used in the review
- Marketing brochures must include technical information and verified data, not just product photos
- The total size of the attached support documents may not exceed 10MB.