THE IES PROGRESS REPORT 2015
The IES Progress Committee is mandated to, "keep in touch with developments in the art and science of lighting
throughout the world, and prepare a yearly review of achievements for the Illuminating Engineering Society".
This program offers you an opportunity to present your important new products, research, publications, and activities
of the past year.
The 2015 IES Progress Report is closed. The IES Progress Committee selections for this year will be presented in a live presentation at the IES Annual Conference on Monday, November 3, 2014 in Pittsburgh.
For information on the annual conference please visit www.ies.org/ac
Accepted submittals will be:
- Presented during the Progress Report at the Annual Conference
- Posted on the IES website
- Published in LD+A
- Able to use an electronic seal from the IES Progress Report for use in marketing materials
- Available in a slide show format for section meetings
- Visual Performance
- Optical Performance *
- Efficiency / Energy *
- Size *
- Life *
- Expand Lighting Impact
- Lighting Market Growth
- First to Market
- A significant advancement in the art or science of lighting.
- Advancement(s) in methods or aids to facilitate lighting design and/or application.
* Provide specific information on how your product is a technological advancement over existing, comparable products.
INSTRUCTIONS & GUIDELINES
Submissions must conform to the following requirements:
- Anyone may contribute submittals.
- Submittals must be entered via the IES website form no later than June 19, 2015. Submittals received after this
date will not be considered.
- There is a $50 per submittal fee that will be charged at the end of the online application process. This fee
is used to cover the expenses incurred in organizing and presenting the Progress Report. MC, Visa and AMEX credit
cards are accepted.
- To encourage early submittals, the submittal fee will increase to $75 on May 25, 2015.
- Please confirm with your company that this is the only submission for this product. We need your assistance to
eliminate duplicate submissions and payments for the same product entry.
- Commercial Introduction:
- All lighting PRODUCTS must be introduced commercially between August 1, 2014 and July 31, 2015.
- All RESEARCH, PUBLICATIONS and DESIGN TOOLS must be completed (including all materials and/or research results)
and announced between August 1, 2014 and July 31, 2015.
- Physical (or decorative) aesthetics alone are not considered as an acceptance criterion.
The Progress Committee utilizes the Progress Report Submittal Form and Accompanying Materials when considering an item
for acceptance. First, tell us WHAT IS SIGNIFICANT
or unique about the submittal compared to existing product in the industry. Then, SUPPORT
IT WITH APPROPRIATE TECHNICAL DOCUMENTS
. Product submissions must demonstrate evidence of "progress" in the industry
Submitters may be contacted by committee members (not IES staff) if additional material is needed prior to the review.
In addition to the form, each submittal must include a photo and technical data as evidence to support significance claims.
- Include one or more 300 ppi (pixels per inch) JPG image files with your submission.
- Images are a photo(s) of the product, the cover/introduction page of the research or publication, or captured images of the design tool in action.
- The image(s) may show a company logo ONLY if it is normally on the product. No additional company logo
or information can be added to the image that further promotes the product.
- The Progress Committee reserves the right to use or duplicate images for presentation and for publication.
- Support Documents:
- You MUST provide appropriate supporting information for each of your significance claims. You are
required to attach an electronic file for each technical significance before you can complete the online form.
- The total size of the attached support documents may not exceed 10MB.
- These files may include, but are not limited to:
- Catalog sheets / cut sheets / installation drawings
- Test records - photometric tests (pdf), LM-79/80 reports, independent test reports
- Calculations - layout showing dimensions, calculation summary and light levels
- Competitive comparisons (this information is for committee use only and will not be distributed or published.)
- Drawings, illustrations
- NO executable files (*.exe) or raw data files (*.ies) are accepted
- Video files will not be accepted due to their size (such as .mov, .mp4, .avi, .flv, .wmv)
- Marketing brochures must include technical information and verified data, not just product photos