Student Membership $20 - Click here for more information.
Architecture for Light is an e-book intended for upper level undergraduate or continuing education courses for students of architecture and interior design. The book can also be a resource for lighting professionals looking to develop a lighting philosophy.
- Intended for upper level undergraduate or continuing education courses for students of architecture and interior design who do not necessarily have a scientific background
- Presents an intuitive approach to analytical lighting concepts
- Provides an alternative energy design approach that maximizes energy effectiveness of spaces over traditional design methods.
- Incorporates observation of lighting effects and a design process at an early stage in project development
- Provides un-numbered modules that can easily be adapted to courses of 7 or 13 week duration. Includes case studies, activities, and projects, plus global examples of art, architecture and manufacturing.
Introduction: Integration of Architecture
Unit 1: Light Space and Perception
Unit 2: Language and Instruments
Unit 3: Design
About the Authors: Paul is an instructor at SUNY College at Buffalo and Kim and Paul have each taught at the University of Calgary Masters of Architecture program. They are also lighting practitioners with their own design firm and actively involved with the IES.
Pages: 169, with numerous illustrations
List Price: $60.00
IES Member Price: $42.00
Order #: AFL-14-PDF
Before You Order
Acrobat Reader 6 or later
FileOpen Plug-In is necessary to access the encrypted PDF file. To download, click here.
To access the PDF, you must be verified after you download the file. To be verified, keep your online browser open when you open the PDF. You will be prompted for your email address and password. Once verification is completed, you will no longer be prompted for your email address and password to access the PDF. Without online verification, you will not be able to access the PDF.