Strategic Planning CommitteeGOVERNANCE
Committee Purpose, Scope And Documents
PurposeSupport the Board of Directors with its responsibilities for the future long‐term strategic direction and planning process.
1. Making recommendations to the full board related to the organization’s mission, vision, strategic initiatives, major programs and services;
2. Helping IES management identify critical strategic issues facing the organization, and assisting in the analysis of alternative strategic options;
3. Ensuring the board and staff have established an effective and sustainable strategic planning process, including development of a five‐year strategic plan with measurable goals and time frames;
4. Understanding the organization’s industry, community, and core competencies. Keeping up‐to‐date on industry and local market trends, and other opportunities to improve the scope, cost effectiveness, and quality of member services provided by the organization;
5. Annually reviewing the strategic plan and recommending updates as needed based on changes in the market, lighting community, and other factors;
6. Assisting the board in development of strategic dashboard of key indicators;
7. Monitoring the organization’s performance against measurable targets, or milestones, and development of action plan processes for unfavorable performance indicators.
– Susanne Seitinger
- Billy E. Tubb
- Wilson Dau