IES committees invite you to share your expertise in helping develop future lighting recommendations by submitting an application for membership on a committee of your choice. Your application will be forwarded to the responsible committee chair who will follow up with you. Joining an IES standards or education development committee has many benefits:
- Networking with your peers
- Learning new perspectives in your area of specialty
- Contributing to best practice standards
- Strengthening skills you already have
Members are typically expected to make the following time commitments:
- Attend face to face meetings at LIGHTFAIR or the IES Annual Conference.
- Committee working sessions via webinars and/or conference calls approximately once a month.
- Actively research, write, find or contribute images
- Keep the standards up to date with best practices and technology
- Review ballot comments and suggestions
- Research papers and references