The IES has an active calendar that includes multiple opportunities to network and socialize with industry peers. Browse educational courses as well as various society and section events. To keep abreast with our upcoming events follow the calendar below. To save on fees and learn more about the benefits of membership, click here.
- This event has passed.
IESNYC Fundamentals of Lighting
5 April 2022 | 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm EDT
Fundamentals of Lighting is an introductory course comprised of ten modules, presented over eight evenings. In a basic and straight forward style, each module provides up-to-date material on lighting concepts, systems, equipment, calculation procedures and other important design and industry issues. This course is ideal for those who have only a basic awareness of lighting and professionals who want a thorough overview of the field.
16.0 IES Continuing Education Units (CEUs) or
AIA Learning Units (LUs)
FOL 2022 will be held over a period of eight weeks on Tuesday evenings 6:00pm – 8:00pm (ET)
- April 5: Module 1 – Overview (History, Professional Practice, Physics, Vision, Color, Light and Health)
- April 12: Module 2 – Electric light sources + Auxiliary Devices
- April 19: Module 4 – Luminaires
- April 26: Module 3 – Daylighting & Module 5 – Controls
- May 3: Module 6 – Lighting Metrics, Photometry, Calculations and Rendering, and Module 7 (Part I) – Codes and Standards
- May 10: Module 8 – Lighting Design Process and Techniques, Sustainability and Commissioning, and Module 7 (Part II) – Economics
- May 17: Module 9 – Lighting for Interiors
- May 24: Module 10 – Lighting for Exteriors