The IES has an active calendar that includes multiple opportunities to network and socialize with industry peers. Browse educational courses as well as various society and section events. To keep abreast with our upcoming events follow the calendar below. To save on fees and learn more about the benefits of membership, click here.
- This event has passed.
Architectural Lighting for Office Applications [AIA]
24 March 2022 | 5:30 am - 8:30 pm EDTFree – $20
The IES Albany Section is proud to present our March 24th 2022, in-person, AIA Presentation – Architectural Lighting for Office Applications. Presented by Philip Acone with Cooper Lighting. Phil Acone, LC is a Specification Sales Manager for Cooper Lighting Solutions. He is a member of the Illuminating Engineering Society of North America and holds the LC credential from the NCQLP. Phil has presented seminars on lighting for educational facilities, healthcare facilities, offices, retail spaces and exterior environments. He has spoken to audiences at LightFair, various IES chapters, the Retail Design Institute and numerous architectural and design firms.
PROGRAM OVERVIEW: Goals of Office Lighting
- Effective communication – written, visual, aural, electronic, face-to-face
- Aesthetics – worker perceptions, mood
- Use energy efficiently – Code compliance, Controls, Daylight Integration
- Enhance productivity – Visual and non-visual effects of light
- Can we really enhance worker productivity by manipulating light intensity and SPD?
- Credits: 1 hour LU | HSW- ALOAN
DATE: Thursday, March 24th, 5:30 pm – 8:30 pm
- Happy Hour, Sign In, and Dinner Orders: 5:30 – 6:30 pm
- Dinner and Accredited Presentation 6:30 – 7:30 pm
- Networking / Display Table 7:30 – 8:30 pm
We’re trying a new Venue! Join us!!
WHERE: Frog Alley Brewing Co. – Lower Taproom, 108 State St, Schenectady, NY 12305
After the Meeting – Frog Alley 2nd Floor features the acoustic sounds of Virgil Cain.
FEE: $5 for IES Members, $20 for non-members, $15 for students
Your fee includes; Open bar, Pizza, Wings, Salad and More
TO ATTEND: To attend please RSVP to [email protected] by March 23rd, 2022 to ensure an accurate headcount.
To pay in advance, please contact Michael Schietzelt @ 518-312-3895
Or you can pay the night of the event.
Thank you to our Event Sponsor: