The IES has an active calendar that includes multiple opportunities to network and socialize with industry peers. Browse educational courses as well as various society and section events. To keep abreast with our upcoming events follow the calendar below. To save on fees and learn more about the benefits of membership, click here.
- This event has passed.
Freedom From Boilerplate Design: New Trends in Lighting Design
November 16, 2022 | 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm EST5 CAD – 75 CAD
Date: Wednesday, November 16th 2022
Time: 12:00pm – 1:00pm
$50.00 (IES Members) / $65.00 (Non-Members) / $75.00 (at the door)
Virtual participation via Zoom: Free
Virtual zoom link will be available on confirmation email after registration.
After participating in the course, you will be able to:
- Articulate the effect of color on human performance, mood, health and other facets
- Articulate the effect that minimalism has on spaces and human psychology
- Identify proper boardroom lighting
- Determine how acoustics affect spaces and people
- Be conversant in how tunable lighting can affect convalescence, concentration and relaxation
Course is approved for one AIA HSW credit and IES CEU credit.
- Colors and Human-Centric Lighting
- Lighting the modern conference Room
- Acoustical Treatments and Lighting
- Tunable Lighting
Presenter: Jordy Bradley
Jordy is Lighting Certified by the NCQLP and ALA and is an IES member. Having worked in Distribution, a Rep Firm, and Manufacturing, Jordy is well-rounded and tries to put into words what the eye sees, sometimes successfully. He is also an award-winning musician and performs with his classic rock band Metamorphic.