The IES has an active calendar that includes multiple opportunities to network and socialize with industry peers. Browse educational courses as well as various society and section events. To keep abreast with our upcoming events follow the calendar below. To save on fees and learn more about the benefits of membership, click here.
- This event has passed.
Webinar: The Metrics & All These Lighting Acronyms – How Do I See the Light?
November 18, 2020 | 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm ESTFREE
Fee : Free
Accreditation : This webinar is AIA approved with HSW (Health Safety and Wellness)
In this seminar we will be walking you through some of the talking we do when it comes to the design and application of lighting. From trending buzzwords to a spectrum of color terms, we will demonstrate the fascinating way in which our industry is increasingly becoming more intelligent, and this despite the fact that we can’t agree on seemingly simpler things like how we calculate color. We will also look at circadian lighting and what time exposure means, not to mention the impact of flicker and how we should approach glare values pertaining to luminaires.
Plus, we will get into what exactly is driving the increasing relevance of spectral power distribution. Our goal is to walk the walk, talk the talk, and light the light on how complex we have become when it comes to our lexicon of luminary terms.
- To explore the relevant terms popping up in the lighting world and how we can leverage them in lighting application
- To better understand how to evaluate color
- To compare EML and CS when it comes to circadian lighting and how the terms are similar, but different
- To examine how glare and flicker contribute to healthful lighting design
- To strengthen our lighting strategies to best serve the human mind and body by looking at the big picture of the metrics we use.
Michael Simla, B.Eng. – Chief Technology Officer, Lumenwerx
Janine Mighton, LC, MIES – Marketing Strategist, Lumenwerx