The IES has an active calendar that includes multiple opportunities to network and socialize with industry peers. Browse educational courses as well as various society and section events. To keep abreast with our upcoming events follow the calendar below. To save on fees and learn more about the benefits of membership, click here.
18 November 2021 | 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm ESTFree – $20 IES Education
IoT, Connected Lighting, Smart Lighting, Smart Buildings are all terms that could be used to describe this topic and it certainly can it be confusing. This presentation will delve into and summarize the recent IES Lighting Practice LP-12-21 to make sure that it is easy to understand. During our journey we will clarify the necessary terms around IoT, understand the value of the problems that connected lighting can solve, and discover different use cases and their benefits. This presentation will also explain the technologies used in connected lighting and the applications they are used in. We will outline how to specify connected lighting throughout the project life cycle. The course will explain cybersecurity requirements as well as integration and customer acceptance. Finally, the course will highlight the future state of connected lighting.
- Describe IoT Connected Lighting terms and requirements
- Discuss the value of the problem and how connected lighting can solve these problems for different use cases
- Evaluate different IoT technologies, cybersecurity needs and how to apply them in different spaces
- Understand how to specify IoT Connected Lighting through the project life cycle
- Attendees will recognize how connected lighting and luminaire level lighting control can be used to improve occupant performance and well being
- Attendees will observe how connected lighting and luminaire level lighting control can provide improved safety in various space types
- Attendees will understand how a properly designed IoT connected lighting system can and should include aspects of cybersecurity to keep business and personal information safe and secure.
- Attendees will appreciate how a properly designed IoT connected lighting system can integrate with other building systems and how that can improve the wellness of the entire building and its occupants.
Webinar participants are eligible for one (1) IES Continuing Education Unit (CEU).
Michael Lunn, SE Regional Specification Sales Manager, Cooper Lighting Solutions
Michael has been with Cooper for 25 years within the lighting control group. Holding roles of increasing responsibility from phone and field technical support, system startups, to sales and product management and Director of Product Marketing, he has now joined our Specification Sales team to bring his controls knowledge to the Specification lighting side.. Michael has a passion for lighting and controls and how the installer and end user interact with them. He is a knowledge expert on energy codes, wired and wireless networking as well as IoT applications. He provides energy code and system design guidance on many new Cooper products. He is a member of IES and is on the IES Progress Committee, Controls Protocol and IoT Committees.