Preconference Emerging Professional Program
Each year, IES sections and corporate sponsors step up to provide funds to support the attendance of Emerging Professionals (EPs) — which includes students, early career professionals, and professionals making a career change — at the IES Annual Conference and the IES EP Workshop that precedes the conference.
The IES Annual Conference (AC) provides a range of educational programming—including workshops, seminars, immersive experiences, tours, networking, and paper and poster presentations—on the art, design, science, and research of lighting relevant to lighting professionals, educators, and related design disciplines. As always, professional education is paramount, with a broad selection of CEU credits available through participation at the conference.
2021 IES Emerging Professional Preconference Program
This year’s Emerging Professional Workshop was held virtually on Thursday, August 5, 2021 (12PM-5:30PM ET) preceding the 2021 IES Virtual Annual Conference. While we faced unprecedented times, we were committed to providing a relevant, timely, and engaging virtual EP program this year. We had great and well-known speakers from the lighting industry that covered a broad spectrum of the most relevant and important topics such as benefits of EP membership, Education and IES Tools, Interactive Communication and Career Progression, and more.
Here are the presentations from this year’s Emerging Professional Workshop. Thank you to our speakers, sponsors, the IES Emerging Professional Program Committee, and everyone that contributed to the program’s success.
EMERGING PROFESSIONAL ANNUAL CONFERENCE SPONSORSHIP
Apply to the Emerging Professional Annual Conference Sponsorship for the opportunity to attend the 2021 Virtual IES Annual Conference at no charge.
Qualified individuals (current student, recent graduate (up to 5 years after graduation or a professional making a career change) must submit a one-paragraph essay or video recording to the IES EP Workshop Committee making sure to address the questions below. The essay should be a 100-word maximum. The video recording should be no longer than 30-seconds. If you would like to record on your phone remember to record horizontally.
- Why do you wish to pursue a career in Lighting?
- How will your attendance at the IES EP Workshop and the IES Conference impact your future as an active IES member?
- The theme for the 2021 IES Annual Conference is Brighter.Together. In one sentence, what does this mean to you? You can be cool and creative with your response. There is no right or wrong answer. Your response may be featured on social media.
- Effective communication of ideas
- Relevance and interest
- Clarity of writing without spelling errors
Please contact Marie Meacham [email protected] for any questions.
- IES will cover the registration fee to attend the 2021 Virtual IES Annual Conference
- All applicants will be informed of their application status in a timely fashion prior to the conference for adequate preparation.
- Submission deadline: July 1, 2021
- Recipient Notification: July 12–16, 2021
- IES EP Sponsorships will be awarded to applicants who are eager to learn more about the lighting industry and demonstrate an interest in future involvement in the IES.
- IES membership is not a prerequisite to receive the sponsorship.
- The number of awards will vary each year, depending on available sponsorships. Only one sponsorship will be awarded to an individual.