EMERGING PROFESSIONAL ANNUAL CONFERENCE SPONSORSHIP
Apply to the Emerging Professional Annual Conference Sponsorship for the opportunity to attend the 2021 Virtual IES Annual Conference at no charge.
Qualified individuals (current student, recent graduate (up to 5 years after graduation or a professional making a career change) must submit a one-paragraph essay or video recording to the IES EP Workshop Committee making sure to address the questions below. The essay should be a 100-word maximum. The video recording should be no longer than 30-seconds. If you would like to record on your phone remember to record horizontally.
- Why do you wish to pursue a career in Lighting?
- How will your attendance at the IES EP Workshop and the IES Conference impact your future as an active IES member?
- The theme for the 2021 IES Annual Conference is Brighter.Together. In one sentence, what does this mean to you? You can be cool and creative with your response. There is no right or wrong answer. Your response may be featured on social media.
- Effective communication of ideas
- Relevance and interest
- Clarity of writing without spelling errors
Please contact Marie Meacham [email protected] for any questions.
- IES will cover the registration fee to attend the 2021 Virtual IES Annual Conference
- All applicants will be informed of their application status in a timely fashion prior to the conference for adequate preparation.
- Submission deadline: July 1, 2021
- Recipient Notification: July 12–16, 2021
- IES EP Sponsorships will be awarded to applicants who are eager to learn more about the lighting industry and demonstrate an interest in future involvement in the IES.
- IES membership is not a prerequisite to receive the sponsorship.
- The number of awards will vary each year, depending on available sponsorships. Only one sponsorship will be awarded to an individual.
Thursday August 5th EP Day
12:00-12:15 ET Message from the President; Susanne Seitinger
12:15-12:20 ET Introduction from Daniel Salinas
12:20-1:05 ET Emerging Professionals: Keynote Smithsonian Tour using Google 3D; Scott Rosenfeld
1:05-1:10 ET Emerging Professionals: Commercial Sponsored by IES NYC Section
1:10-1:15 ET Emerging Professionals: Break
1:15-1:45 ET Emerging Professionals: Education and IES Tools; Brienne Musselman
1:45-2:00 ET Emerging Professionals: DEIR Committee Update; Peter Hugh/Bernadette Boudreaux
2:00-2:15 ET Emerging Professionals: EP video-recording compilation commercial
2:15-3:00 ET Emerging Professionals: Medalists/Marks award winners live with EP moderators; Ron Gibbons (Medal), Fred Oberkircher (Louis B. Marks Award), Moderated by: Christina Martin and Justin Kobayashi
3:00-3:30 ET Emerging Professionals: Interactive Communication and Career Progression; Sage Russel
3:30-3:45 ET Emerging Professionals: Third commercial (Animated) Benefits of EP membership, local vs national, pep talk
3:45-4:30 ET Emerging Professionals: Circadian Rhythms -Twin Astronaut Study, impact of light on human health; Dr. Mathias Basner, Dr. Chris Mason
4:30-5:30 ET Emerging Professionals: Panel of Committee and Section Chairs; Ian Ashdown (Horticulture Committee), Nancy Clanton (Outdoor Spaces Committee), Alexandra Gadawski (IES Boston Section Chair)
5:30-6:00 ET Emerging Professionals: Kahoot Questions Game and Grand Prize Sponsored by Acuity Brands Lighting Inc