Advertisement articles published in the LD+A eReport do not necessarily reflect the views of the IES nor do they represent an endorsement by the IES.
Sponsored by: ArchLIGHT Summit
Dallas Market Center had already had a reputation of being “the home of lighting” prior to launching the first ArchLIGHT Summit in September 2021. After all, DMC had long hosted the semi-annual Lightovation, the largest residential lighting show in North America. But when ArchLIGHT Summit became the first in-person commercial lighting event to take place in nearly two years, the architectural and specification communities also took notice of DMC’s 1 million-square-foot lighting marketplace.
The second edition of ArchLIGHT Summit returns September 15-16, 2022, with an exposition of commercial lighting brands and a robust slate of CEUs for lighting designers, specifiers, architects, interior designers and other professionals, as well as students and educators in the design/build fields.
The event will kick off on Wednesday, September 14, with a welcome reception hosted by Women in Lighting + Design’s three Texas chapters in Dallas, Houston and Austin. As in 2021, this event will take place on the top floor of the Dallas World Trade Center, offering spectacular views of downtown Dallas at sunset.
Exhibits will be open 9am-6pm on Thursday, September 15, and 9am-3pm on Friday, September 16, on the first floor of the Dallas Trade Mart, allowing attendees the opportunity to learn about the latest lighting innovations. Official Agency Partners Hossley Lighting & Power Solutions, NexGen Lighting Solutions and LightSpek will represent a broad selection of manufacturers exhibiting, alongside plenty of additional suppliers from other local agents’ line cards.
Registration for the exposition portion of the event is complimentary, and a flat fee of $50 allows access to a choice of more than 20 educational opportunities over the course of the two days. With guidance from an Advisory Board of industry experts, these sessions encompass not only lighting applications and trends, but also diversity and inclusion, and personal and professional development.
Speaker and event highlights include:
- A presentation on landscape lighting by renowned expert Jan Moyer, followed by a book signing of “The Art of Landscape Lighting: A Designer’s Companion”
- A session on “Putting Allyship into Practice” with Lauren Dandridge and Nick Albert, complemented by seminars from Alana Shepherd on fostering an inclusive environment for LGBTQ+ colleagues and from popular 2021 speaker Kevin Coleman on uncovering bias and microaggression.
- A networking breakfast with WILD featuring inspiring speaker Jan Spence, a former female pro football player
- An AAILA-sponsored session on the evolution and value of lighting agents; AAILA is also sponsoring ArchLIGHT Summit’s official opening night Happy Hour, 5pm-7pm on Wednesday, September 15
- A panel of star Texas architects moderated by ARCHITECT editor-in-chief Paul Makovsky
- Interactive sessions focused on TM-30 color rendition and luminance tools, which will be repeated over the course of both days to enable more attendees to participate, including sessions specifically targeted for students
- An official Student Day on Friday, September 16, with dedicated programming, activities and a chance to win prizes
- New for 2022 is a Relaxation Station sponsored by Sonneman in the company’s 8,500-square-foot permanent Dallas showroom, which is located near all seminar rooms
Other events on DMC’s 5 million-square-foot campus that week offer audience synergies with ArchLIGHT Summit, including the National Association of Innovative Lighting Distributors (NAILD) Convention, September 13-15; Dallas Design Week, September 12-15; WestEdge Design Fair + ArtExpo Dallas, September 16-18, and the Total Home & Gift Market, September 13-15.
Registration for ArchLIGHT Summit is open at https://archlightsummit.com/attend/. An exclusive rate of $169/night has been secured at the Renaissance Dallas Hotel, within walking distance of DMC and ArchLIGHT Summit. Reservations may be made here: https://book.passkey.com/event/50236580/owner/14227/home
Exhibitor booth space is available while supplies last. Request a booth via online Exhibitor Registration at https://archlightsummit.com/exhibit/.
In addition to AAILA, Sonneman, Hossley, NexGen and LightSpek, additional 2022 ArchLIGHT Summit sponsors and partners include: Casambi, Tivoli, Acrosentec, LTF Technology, Lumenwerx, the American Lighting Association, Lighting Controls Association, North American Coalition of Lighting Industry Queers, NAILD, National Lighting Bureau, WILD, Arc, ARCHITECT, Architectural SSL, Commercial Construction & Renovation, Designing Lighting, Edison Report, Energy Watch News, Furniture Lighting & Decor, Get a Grip on Lighting, Inside Lighting, The Lighting Exchange, Light Directory, Lightsearch.com and McMorrow Reports.
Dates for next year’s ArchLIGHT Summit have been announced to be September 19-20, 2023.