Investing in Tomorrow’s Leaders
The Street and Area Lighting Conference ‘SALC’ Charity Golf Board members provide funds to support the attendance of Students and Emerging Professionals at the conference.
The IES Street & Area Lighting Conference is dedicated to improving the outdoor lighting business of electric utilities and energy service companies.
Qualified individuals must complete the entire application [PDF 34KB] in order to be considered for the award.
Submissions are now closed (Deadline was July 15, 2019)
- IES EP SALC Sponsorships will be awarded to applicants who are eager to learn more about the lighting industry and demonstrate an interest in future involvement in the IES.
- There are no word count requirements, but keep in mind many of your colleagues will also be applying so make sure your answers are compelling.
- All questions must be answered in order to be considered.
- All applicants will be informed of their application status in a timely fashion prior to the conference for adequate preparation.
- IES membership is not a prerequisite to receive the sponsorship.
- The EP SALC Sponsorship will be awarded to Undergraduate/Graduate Students and to Emerging Professionals (EPs)—which includes students and early career professionals (working in the lighting profession for five or fewer years).
- The Sponsorship is intended to offset conference travel (airfare, airport transfers, train & taxi expenses, mileage), lodging and IES Street and Area Lighting Conference registration cost.
- IES will reimburse expenses after the conference of up to $1,000. Reimbursement receipts must be submitted no later than 30 days after the event.
- The number of awards will vary each year, depending on available sponsorships.
Only one sponsorship will be awarded to an individual.
Applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org