Through May 12, 2017
Join the IES and get 50% off the member prices for the Lighting Handbook 10th Edition, print version
Click on the Join Now button and select the LFI Membership Bundle. After joining you will receive a code via email for 50% off of the Lighting Handbook member price through the IES Store.
Membership in the Society is quite affordable and opens countless doors of opportunity for professional development. Membership dues are annual and quoted in US dollars.
- Student $20
A full-time student in a college or university for study toward a degree in engineering, science, fine arts, architecture, interior design or other related fields.
- Associate EP (Emerging Professional) $75
Reduced dues are available for emerging professionals. An Emerging Professional (EP) is a recent graduate entering the workforce for the first time or a professional making a career move/change. A person shall be considered an emerging professional for up to five (5) years after graduation or entry into the lighting industry.
- Associate or Member $170, $160 Outside US, Canada and Mexico
Associate: An individual interested in the mission of the Society and at least eighteen years of age.
Member: A more technical designation whereby the individual has a degree in the art of science of illumination or related fields and has been actively engaged in the lighting profession for at least five years. Member grade allows for service as an IES Committee Chair, or on the IES Board of Directors.
- Individual Subscriber (Associate or Member) $550 (First Year) -$350 (Subsequent or Renewal Years)
All benefits of individual Membership plus a print copy of the Lighting Library (approx. 60 IES standards and the Lighting Handbook). Subsequent Library updates sent to the member as long as the Subscriber membership is maintained.
- Individual Sponsor (Associate or Member) Dues $250 Annually
All individual member benefits plus the opportunity to support the IES through additional dues and specific projects approved by the Board of Directors. A $50 credit for purchasing IES publications is included.
Individuals, institutions, and companies may elect to become Sustaining Members. This highly visible membership supports technical educational and research efforts of the Society. Level of dues are related to company revenue. All Sustaining Members receive the following benefits:
- Complimentary IES Lighting Library in print only (valued at over $3200)
- Tax deductible contributions supporting activities crucial to the advancement of the industry
- IES Sustaining Membership certificate
- Use of the IES Sustaining Membership Logo
- Complimentary Individual Membership (varies with amount of dues paid)
- Professional development opportunities for employees
- Recognition at Society and industry events
- Recognition in each issue of LD+A (Silver level and above), highlighted listing in LD+A‘s Lighting Equipment and Accessories Directory issue as well as listing in the IES annual report
- Opportunity for sponsorship at the IES Annual Conference
Levels of Sustaining Membership:
- Copper $700 First Year, $500 US Subsequent Years
Includes one individual membership
- Silver $1,000
Includes two individual memberships
- Gold $2,500
Includes three individual memberships
- Platinum $5,000
Includes four individual memberships
- Emerald $10,000
Includes seven individual memberships
- Diamond $15,000
Includes nine individual memberships
- Diamond Elite $25,000
Includes 15 memberships – Ten (10) Individual Memberships and five (5) Subscriber Individual Memberships