IES Sections and Corporate Sponsors Investing in Tomorrow’s Leaders
Each year, IES sections and corporate sponsors step up to provide funds to support the attendance of Emerging Professionals (EPs)—which includes Students and Early Career Professionals—at the IES Annual Conference and the IES EP Workshop that precedes the conference.
The IES Annual Conference (AC) provides a range of educational programming—including workshops, seminars, immersive experiences, tours, networking, and paper and poster presentations—on the art, design, science, and research of lighting relevant to lighting professionals, educators, and related design disciplines. As always, professional education is paramount, with a broad selection of CEU credits available through participation at the conference.
Qualified individuals must submit a one-page essay to the IES EP Workshop Committee making sure to address the information in the Judging Criteria below.
- Relevance – Will attending the IES EP Workshop and the IES Conference help the applicant achieve his or her specific educational and/or career goals?
- Interest – What does the applicant expect to gain from the IES EP Workshop and the IES Conference? How will attendance at the IES EP Workshop and the IES Conference relate to the applicant’s future as an active IES member?
- Communication – Are the ideas expressed in the essay communicated effectively and efficiently?
- IES EP Sponsorships will be awarded to applicants who are eager to learn more about the lighting industry and demonstrate an interest in future involvement in the IES.
- IES membership is not a prerequisite to receive the sponsorship.
- All applicants will be informed of their application status in a timely fashion prior to the conference for adequate preparation
- The EP AC Sponsorship will be awarded to Undergraduate/Graduate Students and to Emerging Professionals (EPs)—which includes students and early career professionals (working in the lighting profession for five or fewer years).
- The Sponsorship is intended to offset conference travel (airfare, airport transfers, train & taxi expenses, mileage), lodging and IES Annual Conference registration cost.
- IES will reimburse expenses after the conference of up to $1,230. Reimbursement receipts must be submitted no later than 30 days after the event.
- The number of awards will vary each year, depending on available sponsorships.
- Only one sponsorship will be awarded to an individual.
Applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org