November 30, 2017 — The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) has issued a pre-publication Federal Register notice initiating a data collection process through a Request for Information (RFI) seeking comments and information to assist in identifying potential modifications to its “Process Rule” for the development of appliance standards. DOE will also hold a public meeting to receive input from interested parties on potential improvements to the “Process Rule”. This meeting will be held on January 9, 2018 at 9:30am.
- The public meeting will be held at the US Department of Energy, Forrestal Building, Room 8E-089, 1000 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, DC 20585-0121.
- DOE request and will accept comments, data, and information in response to this Process Rule RFI until 90 days after the notice publishes in the Federal Register. DOE will send a follow-up email to announce the closing date of the comment period.
- Interested persons are encouraged to submit comments using the Federal eRulemaking Portal at http://www.regulations.gov.
- Alternatively, interested persons may submit comments identified by “Process Rule RFI” by Email (Regulatory.Review@hq.doe.gov) or postal mail.
- DOE welcomes written comments from the public on any subject within the scope of this document (including topics not raised in this request for information).