IES Position Statements are approved by the Society’s Board of Directors and reflect the Society’s official position on lighting related issues that affect our community or the general public interest. They are often interpretations of content or use for IES Standards, however they can also represent official IES positions on lighting issues generated outside of the Society. These position Statements are developed by technical experts within our Standards committees and the Board of Directors, and are free to use and disseminate.
- IES Position on LED Product Lifetime Prediction (PS-10-18)
- IES Position on TM-30-18, IES Method for Evaluating Light Source Color Rendition (PS-11-18)
- An Optional Method For Adjusting the Recommended Illuminance for Visually Demanding Tasks Within IES Illuminance Categories P through Y Based on Light Source Spectrum (PS-06-13)
- Color Rendering Index (PS-08-15)
- IES Position on AMA CSAPH Report 2-A-16, Human and Environmental Effects of Light Emitting Diode (LED) Community Lighting