This guideline has been specifically prepared to provide information needed for users to be able to make rational decisions when considering LEDs as a lighting design option.
The aim of this Guideline is to provide lighting and design professionals a general understanding of LED technology as it pertains to interior and exterior illumination, as well as useful design and application guidance for effective use of LEDs. Specifically, the guideline addresses:
- LED technology and lighting performance;
- Key differences in measurement methods for LEDs compared to traditional sources;
- Attributes unique to LED that may provide advantages over traditional light sources in some applications
- LED application challenges that should be evaluated to ensure successful lighting designs and promote end-user satisfaction
- Task based design guidance for general lighting applications, as well as specific space and building types where LED technology can be effectively applied
Note that LEDs are frequently used to provide color accents and color-changing effects for indoor and outdoor lighting; however, these established applications are outside the scope of this document.
Softcover or Secure PDF: 14 pages
Publisher: Illuminating Engineering Society (2010)
SKU: IES G-2-10
Dimensions: 8½” x 11″