Authored by the IES Lighting for the Aged and Partially Sighted Committee
Edited by Bonny Ann Whitehouse, IALDA, MIES, LC
This seminar is based on ANSI/IES RP-28-16 Lighting and the Visual Environment for Seniors and the Low Vision Population.
It is recommended that the participant have already completed IES Fundamentals of Light or have the equivalent professional experience.
After this seminar the student will be able to:
- Identify the different lighting requirements for the elderly
- Describe contrast
- Analyze the difference lighting contrast
- Prepare the light multiple spaces for living
- Develop an understanding of lighting requirements
- Identify different lighting areas
Participants may receive two (2) IES CEUs or two (2) AUS LUs.
Student Materials include:
- Student Handout (24 pages)
- RP-28-16 Standard (119 pages)
Secure PDF: 2 Files to Download
Publisher: Illuminating Engineering Society (2018)
SKU: SEM RP-28-16 Seniors
Dimensions: 8½” x 11″