A group of industry leaders representing many facets of the lighting industry; Architects, Distributors, Engineers, Lighting Designers, Lighting Controls Specialists and Lighting Manufactures discuss the lighting design process, how best to improve the process, how best to interact with the other trades and other pertinent lighting industry topics.
This two-part 2.5 hour presentation was co-produced by the IES, AIA, and the IALD. It is a perfect learning tool for IES Section Events, IES Emerging Professionals, Post-Secondary institutions and for viewing independently by anyone new to the Lighting Industry in any of its wonderful facets.
|Lights of the Round: Part 1
- 0:00 Introductions – When Should Each Player Enter the Lighting Design Process?
- 8:00 When is a Lighting Designer Required?
- 18:25 What Role Does a Control Specialist play in the Lighting Design Process?
- 25:45 Post Specification “Value Engineering” – Is it?
- 38:50 Who Holds the Lighting Specification?
- 41:35 Are Electrical Distributors Merely “Bankers” in the Lighting Design Process?
- 47:09 Sales Representatives as “lighting designers”
- 50:00 Specification Games
- 59:55 Shop Drawing Submittal and Approval Process
- 1:06:26 Thoughts on the IES
For IES Sections and other approved lighting education providers offering this video in a face-to-face educational setting, attendees are eligible for 1 IES Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for Part 1, and 1.5 CEUs for Part 2.