A group of industry leaders representing many facets of the lighting industry; Architects, Distributors, Engineers, Lighting Designers, Lighting Controls Specialists and Lighting Manufactures discuss the lighting design process, how best to improve the process, how best to interact with the other trades and other pertinent lighting industry topics.
This two-part 2.5 hour presentation was co-produced by the IES, AIA, and the IALD. It is a perfect learning tool for IES Section Events, IES Emerging Professionals, Post-Secondary institutions and for viewing independently by anyone new to the Lighting Industry in any of its wonderful facets.
|Lights of the Round: Part 2
- 0:00 Greatest Challenges and Opportunities
- 8:20 Custom Products
- 17:19 Future-Proofing Design
- 24:33 Who Should do Egress Lighting?
- 28:25 Control Strategies and Opportunities
- 39:55 LED Adoption
- 43:36 Lighting Codes in the Specification Process
- 54:21 Keeping up with Lighting Technologies and Knowledge
- 1:06:18 What Makes a Good Lighting Salesperson?
- 1:19:21 Advice to New People in the Lighting Industry
- 1:23:00 Final Thoughts
- 1:31:22 Take Away
For IES Sections and other approved lighting education providers offering this video in a face-to-face educational setting, attendees are eligible for 1 IES Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for Part 1, and 1.5 CEUs for Part 2.