Benefits for All Members
- 30% discount on IES Standards
- Discounts on IES conferences, seminars and special events
- Receive LD+A magazine and online access to LEUKOS research journal
GROWING YOUR CAREER
- Live webinars with educational credits
- Pre-recorded educational and other online resources
- Connect to others with the Membership Directory
- Technical and Society volunteer opportunities
- Job listings on the Career Center web page
RECOGNIZING YOUR ACHIEVEMENTS
- Illumination Awards
- Society Awards: Fellow, Distinguished, Medal, Marks
- Region/Section Service Awards
Membership in the Society is quite affordable and opens countless doors of opportunity for professional development. Membership dues are annual and quoted in US dollars.
- Student $20
A full-time student in a college or university for study toward a degree in engineering, science, fine arts, architecture, interior design or other related fields. In order to be eligible, you must submit a letter from your school’s registrar office indicating you are a full time student.
- Associate EP (Emerging Professional) $75
Reduced dues are available for emerging professionals. An Emerging Professional (EP) is a recent graduate entering the workforce for the first time or a professional making a career move/change. A person shall be considered an emerging professional for up to five (5) years after graduation or entry into the lighting industry. In order to be eligible, you must submit one of the following:
1. Letter of recommendation from an active IES member
2. Letter from your employer stating years of service and responsibilities. Please submit on company letterhead with employer’s signature.
- Associate or Member $170, $160 Outside US, Canada and Mexico
Associate: An individual interested in the mission of the Society and at least eighteen years of age.
Member: A more technical designation whereby the individual shall:
- be a graduate from a four-year, or longer, accredited college curriculum related to the science or art of illumination and shall have been for at least five (5) years actively engaged in a professional or other similar capacity in the practice or teaching of illumination, or in other directly related fields or activities;
- be a graduate from a four-year, or longer, accredited college curriculum related to the science or art of illumination and shall have made some valuable contribution to the science or art of illuminating engineering or to its literature;
- have been for at least ten (10) years actively engaged in the practice or teaching of illumination, or in other directly related fields or activities, five (5) years of which shall have been in a professional or other similar capacity; or
- have made some exceptionally valuable contribution to the science or art of illuminating engineering or to its literature.
Member grade allows for service as an IES Committee Chair, or on the IES Board of Directors.
- Individual Subscriber (Associate or Member) $550 (First Year); $350 (Subsequent or Renewal Years)
All benefits of individual Membership plus a copy of the Lighting Library in digital format (approx. 85 IES standards and the Lighting Handbook, valued at over $3,000 list price). Subsequent Library updates sent to the member as long as the Subscriber membership is maintained.
- Individual Sponsor (Associate or Member) Dues $250 Annually
All individual member benefits plus the opportunity to support the IES through additional dues and specific projects approved by the Board of Directors. A $50 credit for purchasing IES publications is included.
Individuals, institutions, and companies may elect to become Sustaining Members. This highly visible membership supports technical educational and research efforts of the Society. Level of dues are related to company revenue. All Sustaining Members receive the following benefits:
- Complimentary IES Lighting Library in digital and print formats (valued at over $3000). Print copies of IES Standards are automatically distributed upon publication
- Tax deductible contributions supporting activities crucial to the advancement of the industry
- IES Sustaining Membership certificate
- Use of the IES Sustaining Membership Logo
- Complimentary Individual Membership (varies with amount of dues paid)
- Professional development opportunities for employees
- Recognition at Society and industry events
- Recognition in each issue of LD+A (Silver level and above), highlighted listing in LD+A‘s Lighting Equipment and Accessories Directory issue as well as listing in the IES annual report
- Opportunity for sponsorship at the IES Annual Conference
Levels of Sustaining Membership:
- Copper $700 First Year, $500 US Subsequent Years
Includes one individual membership
- Silver $1,000
Includes two individual memberships
- Gold $2,500
Includes three individual memberships
- Platinum $5,000
Includes four individual memberships
- Emerald $10,000
Includes seven individual memberships
- Diamond $15,000
Includes nine individual memberships
- Diamond Elite $25,000
Includes 15 memberships – Ten (10) Individual Memberships and five (5) Subscriber Individual Memberships
Please call or email Membership Services to discuss becoming a Sustaining Member at (212) 248-5000 or email email@example.com.