IES Sections and Corporate Sponsors Investing in Tomorrow’s Leaders
Each year, IES sections and corporate sponsors step up to provide funds to support the attendance of Emerging Professionals (EPs) — which includes students, early career professionals and professionals making a career change — at the IES Annual Conference and the IES EP Workshop that precedes the conference.
The IES Annual Conference (AC) provides a range of educational programming—including workshops, seminars, immersive experiences, tours, networking, and paper and poster presentations—on the art, design, science, and research of lighting relevant to lighting professionals, educators, and related design disciplines. As always, professional education is paramount, with a broad selection of CEU credits available through participation at the conference.
Qualified individuals (current student, recent graduate (up to 5 years after graduation or a professional making a career change) must submit a one-page essay to the IES EP Workshop Committee making sure to address the questions below. The essay should be a 350-word maximum.
- Tell us about your occupation and/or studies.
- How will attending the IES EP Workshop and the IES Conference help achieve educational and/or career goals?
- How will your attendance at the IES EP Workshop and the IES Conference impact your future as an active IES member?
- In one sentence, tell us what Light.Affect / Light.Effect means to you? You can be cool and creative with your response. There is no right or wrong answer. Your response may be featured on social media. Twitter users may post their quote, using the following hashtag #IESLightAffectEffect.
- Complete the sponsorship agreement form.
- Effective communication of ideas
- Relevance and interest
- Clarity of writing without spelling errors
- Applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Only applications submitted to this address will be considered.
- All applicants will be informed of their application status in a timely fashion prior to the conference for adequate preparation.
Submission deadline: Submissions are now closed (Deadline was April 30, 2019)
- IES EP Sponsorships will be awarded to applicants who are eager to learn more about the lighting industry and demonstrate an interest in future involvement in the IES.
- IES membership is not a prerequisite to receive the sponsorship.
- The number of awards will vary each year, depending on available sponsorships.
- Only one sponsorship will be awarded to an individual.
- Sponsorship recipients will have the opportunity to select among various volunteer positions during the conference. Each opportunity allows Emerging Professionals the unique chance to connect with existing IES members and leading industry professionals.
- IES will reimburse travel expenses after the conference of up to $1,230.
Reimbursement receipts must be submitted no later than 30 days after the event.
- The Sponsorship is intended to offset conference travel (airfare, airport transfers, train & taxi expenses and mileage), lodging and IES Annual Conference registration cost.