Reporting to the Director of Development and Membership, the Marketing Communications Coordinator is responsible for delivering the Society’s marketing message to membership, public and media through print, digital and social communications strategies.
The Coordinator will assist the team in the design and creation of branded marketing and communication materials that align with the Society’s mission, value and beliefs.
The Coordinator will focus on increasing internal awareness of the Society’s programs, events, and services to existing Society members, Sections, and member affiliates through various communication strategies.
The Coordinator will focus on increasing public awareness of the Society’s programs, events, and services to external strategic partners and media, identified by the Society, as an outreach opportunity to increase membership as well as support existing members and membership activities.
The Coordinator will identify and act on new opportunities and methods to increase Society presence with strategic partners and local IES Sections.
The Coordinator will measure, analyze, and report on the impact of each communication strategy and messaging, and make recommendations for increasing or modifying strategies to ensure the greatest outcome.
The preference is to have this position be located at the IES headquarters office in New York City. Infrequent travel may be required.
LIST OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work collaboratively with Director of Development and Membership as well as staff from various departments to develop;
- annual marketing strategy and tactical plans;
- annual calendars of events requiring marketing and communication campaigns;
- annual social media campaigns;
- Work with Web Developer to plan website changes, updates, and email campaigns to support annual marketing strategy;
- Work with Society magazine Editor/Publisher to plan editorial campaigns to support annual marketing strategy.
- Maintain a communications master calendar and communicate deadlines and timelines effectively to all staff and departments;
- Collaborate with all staff, departments, Sections, and committee volunteers to design, develop and execute all marketing communication across multiple platforms, maintaining brand consistency;
- Write and edit content for various communications platforms including printed marketing material, emails and monthly email bulletins, websites, blogs, social media posts and other;
- Design, and manage the graphic design of, printed marketing material, emails and monthly email bulletins, website pages, social media posts, and other ad-hoc communication as needed;
- Ensure brand consistency across all print and digital communications;
- Ensure timelines are followed and communication deadlines are met across various departments;
- Participate in committee meetings and other forums that address the role of marketing and communications where appropriate;
- Provide support on and/or lead other projects as assigned by the Director of Development and Membership;
- Design and implement a plan to track various marketing communication campaigns metrics, analyze those metrics, create reports, and recommend communication strategies based on data and its alignment with the strategic marketing plan.
- Identify and build media database
- Plan, design, manage and execute social media communications across multiple platforms.
- Assume the role of primary point of contact for all communications and social media activity for multiple departments including Events, Awards, Education, Standards, and other.
- Ensure that all social media content adheres to the Society’s branding including tone, voice, design, and subject matter.
- Responsible for management of various social media platforms, including developing content and generating activity to engage new and existing users.
- Responsible for creating and executing tactical digital plan across key social media platforms.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Required: Bachelor’s degree required, in marketing, communication, or related fields.
- 2-4 years of experience in professional business/organization related marketing communications, which should include;
- 1-2 years of experience planning, designing, managing and executing email marketing campaigns;
- 1-2 years of experience planning, designing, managing and publishing content on public-facing social media, websites and other digital platforms;
- Experience writing, designing, executing social media content and messaging;
- Experience writing and managing press releases (Meltwater, PRNewswire);
- Experience with social media management tools (Hootsuite, Buffer, Sprout), content management systems, and digital analytics;
- Experience with graphic design software including Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign);
- Experience designing/updating basic websites (WordPress);
- Experience with video editing software (Camtasia, Adobe Premier) a plus;
- Knowledge of digital marketing best practices, SEO, SEM.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, social media platforms, and e-mail marketing platforms.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
A successful marketing communication coordinator possesses several of the following abilities:
- Thorough understanding of marketing and communication principles;
- Outstanding writing and editing skills;
- Ability to adapt writing style as necessary to communicate through varied communication platforms to varied audiences;
- Ability to edit, revise, and give/receive feedback on writing;
- Strong creative ability and an eye for design;
- Web, digital and social media savvy;
- Outstanding organizational skills;
- Proven ability to project manage, multi-task, set and meet deadlines;
Candidates should be self-starters with a strong work ethic and the ability to prioritize their workload to ensure timely issue resolution. In addition, this individual should possess the following skills:
- Energetic with a positive outlook;
- Desire to learn new skills and grow quickly within an organization;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Seeks out face-to-face meetings in lieu of email;
- Ability to collaborate and listen in a dynamic environment;
- Able to handle constructive criticism;
- Outstanding organizational skills;
- Desire to work smarter, not harder;
- Exceptional analytic and processing skills;
- Resourceful, problem solver;
- Willingness and ability to adapt to frequent change;
- Proven ability to plan both long-term and day-to-day strategies;
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at once;
- Proven ability to set and meet deadlines;
- Able to work both independently as well as with a team;
- Self-motivated and ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Calm under pressure and able to work with diverse personalities.
HOW TO SUBMIT
If you are interested in being a candidate for this position, please submit a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.