2021 IES Annual Conference!
The Illuminating Engineering Society Announces its 2021 Awards for Technical and Service Achievements
Dr. David Crawford and Cheryl English Receive Society’s Top Honors
August 18, 2021 (New York, NY): This week, the Illuminating Engineering Society (IES) announced its 2021 Society Awards for Technical and Service Achievement. Following last week’s Annual Conference, the society released this video congratulating recipients from both 2020 and 2021.
This year, the IES’s prestigious Medal Award has been bestowed upon Dr. David Crawford of the IES Phoenix Section. The Medal Award recognizes meritorious technical achievement that has conspicuously furthered the profession, art or knowledge of illuminating engineering.
The esteemed Louis B. Marks Award, named in honor of the first President of the IES, is presented to a member of the Society in recognition of exceptional service of a non-technical nature. This year, the IES recognized Cheryl English of the IES Atlanta Section with this honor.
The IES Distinguished Service Award is presented to individuals who have significantly furthered the mission of the IES in non-technical areas, with at least 15 years of dedicated service. The 2021 recipients of this honor include Megan Caroll (New York City Section) and Daniel Salinas (Seattle Section).
The IES Fellow Designation awards members of the Society for their valuable contributions to the technical activities of the Society; to the art or science of illumination; or to the related scientific or engineering fields. The 2021 IES Fellows include: Rick Kauffman (Atlanta Section), Christian Monrad (Phoenix Section), Michael Royer (Portland Section) and Richard Miller (Santa Barbara Section).
Each year, the IES President recognizes member excellence with the IES Presidential Award. IES President Antonio Garza (2020-2021) recognized Mariel Acevedo of the Portland Section for her exemplary volunteerism, enthusiasm and passion for supporting the Leadership Forum Committee and its purpose, outstanding advocacy of the IES mission and vision, and invariably exceeding expectations to actively promote the welfare of the Society’s Sections and members. Also recognized by Mr. Garza is Peter Hugh of the Chicago Section for leading the Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Respect (DEIR) Committee who, through the lens of inclusivity, seeks to identify opportunities in which the IES can enact systemic change within its institutionalized culture and practices to promote a more equitable and accessible Society.
The IES would also like to congratulate the below-listed 2020 award recipients:
IES Medal Award 2020: Ronald Gibbons (Roanoke Section)
Louis B. Marks Award 2020: Fred Oberkircher (Chattanooga Section)
IES Distinguished Service Award 2020: James Benya (San Francisco Section), Charles Israel (Los Angeles Section), Leslie North (Chicago Section), Peter Petersen (Mexico City Section), Paula Ziegenbein (Boston Section)
IES Fellow Designation 2020: Michael Krames (San Francisco Section)
IES Presidential Award 2020: Scotty Hutto (Atlanta Section), Randy Reid (Nashville Section), Ira Rothman (Boston Section), David Sliney (Baltimore Section)
Welcome to the 2021 IES Annual Conference!
This year’s conference sessions will be hosted on the IES eLearning Portal. Each morning of the Annual Conference all registered attendees will receive an email highlighting the program, and instructions for accessing each day’s sessions.
What to expect each day:
At 9 AM ET each day of the conference (Monday August 9th through Friday August 13th), new content will be made available on the eLearning portal. The Annual Conference Program is a recommended agenda for those who wish to make the most of each day’s sessions, but adhering to the timing and order is optional. If you miss a session, or would like to re-watch one, you will have until September 10th to do so (after September 10th the session archives will no longer be accessible).
Steps for accessing Conference sessions:
- Check your email for the day’s agenda and access instructions
- Login to the IES eLearning Portal using the same email and password you registered with
- Select “My eLearning Dashboard from the left-side menu
- Select “IES 2021 Virtual Annual Conference” under “Packages.” (Note: if you’ve previously attended IES webinars/courses, you’ll need to scroll down)
- Under the Content tab, each available session will be displayed Click the green “Activate” button to view.
- Click the blue “VIEW” button, you’ll see four tabs:
- Overview: session descriptions
- Speakers: speaker backgrounds
- Questions and Discussion: post questions or comments for the speaker(s)
- Contents: contains the video, survey, and CEU certificate for that session
- Watch a video from the Contents tab
- Fill out the two-question survey (required for accessing your CEUs)
- Access your CEU certificate
Tips for enjoying the Conference:
- All comments and questions you post will be visible to everyone, so please be courteous and professional. Only speakers can see your email address and will respond to you directly, at their discretion. You have until September 10th to post your comments and questions.
- CEU certificates can be accessed at any time via the “My eLearning Dashboard” and will be available to you even after the Conference closes.
- CEU types vary from session to session. You can earn up to 26 total CEUs during the Conference, and your daily email will display the type and amount of CEUs available for each session.
- Visit our FAQ page for more information.
Annual Conference Program: https://www.ies.org/events/annual-conference/program/
eLearning homepage: https://elearning.ies.org/
eLearning FAQ page: https://elearning.ies.org/faqs
Contact email: [email protected]
Registration for our 8/12 webinar is separate from Annual Conference registration.