IES & DOE 2024 RESEARCH SYMPOSIUM
Symposium dates: 15 – 16 May, 2024
Location: OMSI, 1945 SE Water Ave, Portland, OR 97214
New this year! The IES and US Department of Energy will co-host the biennial Research Symposium. This event is structured to address specific areas of interest through invited participation of internationally recognized experts who present the most current knowledge on the topics. As in all our events, we seek to engage and collaborate with the broad diversity of interests contained within the lighting research community.
The 2024 Symposium will offer an expanded focus on research trends for next-generation lighting tools, new recommendations and methods to evaluate health impacts, innovative approaches to environmental stewardship and support of sustainable lighting practices, novel tools for post-occupancy evaluations, and design for resiliency.
Registration Now Open
NEW! Optional Tour of PNNL Lighting Science & Technology Lab
On Thursday, there will be an optional tour of research experiments at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory’s Lighting Science & Technology Lab. Space is limited! Register early to secure your spot.
$25 Tour Transportation Cost
PNNL is a leading laboratory for lab- and field-based lighting research. Come join us after the end of the event to take a look at some of the following cutting-edge experiments:
- Spectrally Tunable Lighting Facility – Large room with 24-channel tunable luminaries offers world-class capability for understanding the effect of variation in light source spectrum on performance, wellbeing, mood, brightness perception, visual fatigue, and more.
- Glare Apparatus – Custom-built apparatus with 54 color tunable luminaires with automated individual control allows for matching and adjustment of discomfort levels due to glare.
- Uniformity Apparatus – Automated device for varying the luminance distribution of a luminaire aperture and capturing measurements with a luminance meter or high dynamic range imaging setup.
- Variable Height Ceiling with Modular Room – Two variable height ceiling grids enable installation and evaluation of various types of electric equipment powered by different electrical distribution architectures. A modular room setup under one of the variable height ceilings provides an enclosed space for lighting measurements. (These are subject to change)
Foreign Nationals: Lawful Permanent Residents (LPR) of the United States must present a valid LPR card or evidence of lawful status if waiting for an LPR card to be issued. Non-U.S. citizens who are not LPRs must provide valid passports and visa documentation, including an I-94 Departure Record or an applicable passport admission stamp.
If you are a foreign national interested in attending the tour, please register by attaching the required information, and someone on staff will be in contact with you to confirm registration.
Partner Opportunities Are Now Open
This is an exclusive opportunity to partner with this co-hosted IES and DOE Research Symposium. Choose from packages that include in-person engagement opportunities, branding visibility before, during, and after the event, together with complimentary Symposium registration and marketing opportunities.
Click the image to view the full opportunities and contact us now through the button link to book.
Nearby Hotels (not affiliated to the event)
Lighting Leader Sponsors
Registrants/Sponsors who cancel their registration for any reason (including the denial of a travel visa due to delays or other issues) will receive a refund according to the following schedule:
- Registration canceled more than 30 days before the event will be refunded.
- Registrations canceled less than 30 days but more than ten days before the event will be refunded 75% of the registration fee.
- Registration canceled less than ten days before the event will not be eligible for a refund.
- No refunds are granted for “no-shows.”
- Transfers and substitutions of registration are not allowed.
Processing of Refunds
- Refunds of registrations paid by credit card will be made by refunding to that credit card. Refunds of registrations paid by cheque will be made by check to the person or organization that issued the check.
- All refunds should be requested in writing by completing the Refund Request form (over-the-phone cancellations will NOT be accepted). ALL cancellations and refunds processed will incur a $99 cancellation/processing fee